Friday, 17 August 2018

Aretha dead high street sick

If there is one thing that is clear in the UK it is the perils of the high street. Retail is very challenging and many companies are closing down their stores. They are competing against internet based stores and companies that pay less tax.

Home base is closing down some of their stores and so is house of Fraiser. I remember Brantano also closed down recently. Some people blame brexit but those people have forgotten about BHS and Woolworths and all the other department stores that closed down before the referendum.

Aretha Francklin died a few days ago and I will remember her final days as the high street crucible. The world I live in is changing very fast and soon I won't recognize it.

Blog Archive

What September 2026 Means to Me

September 26 was quite difficult, I won't say why. All I will say is there was a health crisis involving someone close to me, I will say...