Saturday 31 July 2021

What July 2021 Means to me

July 2021 was all about the so called 'pingdemic', billionaire space quest, an assassination, delayed sports events and my Birthday. 

On the 19th of July restrictions were lifted and we were free to go to any place we liked. It was during the last 2 weeks of July that our high-tech defence against the Pandemic infection turned against us in ways we never imagined. Many Brits have a track and trace NHS app running on their phone. What happens is your phone makes a list of people that were near you using Blue Tooth radio signals. If you test positive for Covid19, the app will inform all the people that were near you to self isolate for a week. The problem is blue tooth can go were no virus ever could. It can pass through a solid brick wall or through the ceiling of an apartment. If I went to a BBQ and tested positive for Covid19 the next day every person there would also have to self isolate and everyone living in nearby houses would also have to self isolate. I could literally put a whole street full of people out of work for a week just from walking in front of their home. This caused many problems in labour intensive jobs like delivery supply chains and theatre shows. The problem was made worse because we are in the holiday season and don't feel free to fly overseas. 
At the start of the Month, the elected leader of Haiti, a man called Jovenel was assassinated in his home by professional hit men. I was amazed that the whole world didn't seem to care. Many people to this day don't know that the leader of the Caribbean nation of Haiti was assassinated or they don't care. 

It was my birthday in July, I went out to a few places with my family and had my favourite milestone drink, a small glass of whiskey filled just two thirds the way up. I don't drink much alcohol throughout the year. Just two small glasses. During the last week of July I took my son to the coast for the first time in his life. 

England went to the final of the European football Championship and lost. The 2020 Olympic games in Japan was started after being cancelled for a whole year because of the Pandemic. Some of the England fans were very disorderly. 

Two Billionaires and some of their friends went on a space quest, they went to a place where the top of the atmosphere meets true space, a kind of fuzzy zone where it is not clear if you are in space. Their so called space ships look cool but I wasn't amused; Instead I started to look at web sites were they make affordable arcade machines so I could have Happy thoughts. I didn't even want to think about the attitude of other people in this world. 

Happy thoughts. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...