Friday 16 July 2021

My Birthday

A few days ago on Thursday it was my birthday. I did what I normally do on my birthday. I went on an outing with family, had my small milestone drink and relaxed for a few days. 

It was during my birthday this year that there were floods in West Europe. Germany was very badly affected, cars were swept away, buildings were destroyed and people lost their lives. Surely we're messing up the planet, it's obvious now. Every year it gets more and more obvious that we are causing global warming. The old-world continents are getting flooded, the new-world continents are getting droughts and wild fires. We're getting stronger storms and more extreme weather. Gigantic icebergs are breaking off from Antarctica, some are the size of large islands. We are getting cooked by our pollution, that is the truth. 

The common thoughts that I had on my 39th birthday was the reality of climate change, I was also thinking about the death of the Haitian leader and why his assaination wasn't on the news very much. I also thought that we are little more than  animated bags of bones. How could a person look down at another person when their whole life is like a aerosol vapour, a temporary brief existence that fades away. For a short time we are alive and then we are just bones, without thought or care. How could a person hate another person or judge another person when everything we do is for nothing, we won't remember anything and our possessions are worthless to us when we die. If our consciousness continues after we die then it would be because of God, otherwise there is no hope, only the certainty of death. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...