Sunday 29 September 2024

Hassan Nasrallah

A few days ago I learned that the leader of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasralla was killed in an Israeli air strike on Lebanon. 

It was while this event unfolded that I had found a disposable foil baking tray that fits in my oven perfectly. Most English people I know of tend to bake their food in the oven, especially in the colder months. I was chuffed because it means you're using the space in the oven perfectly. I could have food items on all three shelves and I would be using the whole space to maximum capacity. A whole family meal can be cooked on one heat source. Plus the heat lingers in and around the oven and slowly seeps out into the surrounding air space so I feel like  the heat is being used twice; it cooks the food and it helps to keep our home warm. Macaroni cheese comes out very nice when it is baked in the oven, it has a nice crispy layer on top. 

We worry about a region wide war breaking out and I feel happy because the cooking is improving, a bitter sweet platter. 
Then I was remembering something else that made me chuffed. My Dad bought me a model intercity 125 train set when I was a child. The intercity 125 was so cool, they found a way to make a diesel train travel at double the motorway cruising speed, even if it was pulling 8 cars. The diesel engine didn't power the wheels, it generated electricity for the wheels to move so the wheels of the train were electric. They also found a way get high torque pressure from low and high speeds in the wheels. At the time it was a big breakthrough. We take it for granted that trains go very fast. There was a lot of thought behind it. I think they made that train to compete against the motorway (freeway). 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...