Monday 23 September 2024

Pleasant Surprise

I recently discovered the free version of ChatGPT will now draw pictures on command. I asked it to draw a cat playing a scratch card expecting it to spurt out an image made of text but that's not what happened. 
I talk to machines every day, I ask my smart speaker to play the news. I ask it to play different play lists to set my mood straight. I ask my smart phone at set an alarm. Sometimes the smart speaker will respond with my name because it can tell me and my wife's voices apart. It knows who is talking to it. 

Artificial intelligence is everywhere now. It's not sly yet as far as I can tell; it just seems to be a good friend or helpful person. A little tin man trying to make your life easier, that is what artificial intelligence is right now. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...