Sunday 8 September 2024

Start Me Up

I recently learned that the new prime minister's government has cut the winter fuel allowance for the elderly. I know what is going to happen. In October, millions of Elderly people will turn down their thermostat to single digit value, perhaps 8°c and wear jumpers in their homes, they'll be thinking  it is their last late autumn and winter alive. 
I feel like the new gov is being daft, they shortened the sentences to free up prison cells, then they're sending people that say unsavoury things on social media to the same prison.  If someone burgled my home, the police would say sorry, we're busy arresting people that say unfriendly things on social media. I would say what about drones and police dogs? Can't you pick up the scent of the burglar and chase it through town? Sorry we sent 5 officers to arrest an outspoken person. I would ask, what about finger prints and CCTV footage? Nothing?.... Nothing? I just say goodbye to my Nintendo. That's it!
I imagined the elderly would wear jumpers with the Beatles or Rolling stones imagery on them. I like the rolling stones, I can sing songs like 'start me up' and not worry about how bad my voice sounds because Mick Jagger's supreme voice would cover up my own. The Rolling Stones were before my time but I can sing along all the same. The Rolling stones songs are the few songs I can sing along to. It would be nice if someone sang like Mick Jagger in church. They can cover up my voice. 

The song 'Start me up' and 'good bye ruby Tuesday' are stuck in my head now because of the winter fuel cut. They play over and over in my head in a loop. 

I pity the old. I handle the cold like a typical English man, I bring out my clay, cookware and bake all my food in the oven or zap it in the microwave. I make nice hot stews or steamed veg. No salad, no ice cream; just piping hot vegetable casserole from oven or microwave, courtesy of stone cookware. The heat left over lingers behind in the kitchen and warms things up a bit. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...