Sunday 15 September 2024

Fifth Book Shelf

Yesterday I discovered that there is an app that lets you borrow e-books for free using your public library account. I downloaded Libby, I was chuffed because I can borrow e-books without even going into the library. I get all the benefits that come with e-books; my phone is very light compared the physical books, I can hold it comfortably with just one hand; my phone also has a backlight so I don't need to turn on my reading lamp when it is dark, if my eyesight  gets worse I can increase the size of the text. 

This means I have a 5th book shelf, I have borrowed physical books, purchased physical books, purchased e-books, subscription access books with Amazon prime on kindle and now digital borrowed books from my public library through the Libby app. 
Five alive is a theme right now. My son is 5 years old. The internet we're supplied with is 5g, my hand has 5 digits, four fingers and a thumb. Playstation's 4k console is called playstation 5. I have a 5th way to read books. 

The I'm very happy with my new Libby app. I can read all the things that are interesting to me for free, my council pays for the digital licence. 

Reading books has never been better. Going to sleep at night is bliss. I get lost in a book. I read for leisure and learn things. 


Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...