Thursday 2 April 2020

Walk of Bliss

The most blissful walk I ever had was waking up at 5 am and getting to the sea front just before sunrise. There was no one there except for me and a jogger in the distance. 

I would walk out to the surf zone and hear the waves crashing down on the sand and fizzing as millions of tiny bubbles are tossed into the flowing water. Then I would hear the fizzing sound slide away as wave rolles back into the body of water. Wave after wave after wave would roll over the sand and I would feel a gentle sea breeze. 

Then I would see the edge of the sun's rays come up out of the horizon over the water  and I would see the sun shimmering on the water. I would see a bright peaceful scene and look out into the sea that would go out beyond the horizon. I would take off my shoes and socks and walk on the surf zone, the wet sand was rigid and cold and the waves would wash over my foot and I would feel the sand particles shift around my toes and swirl around and feel all the bubbles in the wave fizzing. 

It is the simple things that bring bliss. The moment when you are not thinking, just observing and being at peace. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...