Saturday 18 April 2020

Breaking Water

I was a kid in the 90s and a broke many things, my foot bone, glass, watches, ornaments and joys, did I mention my Dad is bald? 

One day I even managed to break water. What happened was I was given a chemistry set as a gift and the first experiment was to take a nine volt battery and connect it to a u shaped test tube filled with water. The battery was connected to two electrodes. When I connected the battery, bubbles started to form in the water. The bubbles were Hydrogen and Oxygen gas. The electricity from the battery was splitting water molecules, When you split water molecules you are left with oxygen and hydrogen gas. I always thought that water was indestructible before that but I was wrong. It is very easy to break water molecules, in fact plants do it all the time to make their food and oxygen. 

Some people in this world set out to break the internet, others try to break world records, there are even people that break out of jail, but in the 90s I broke water with a nine volt battery and shattered my perception of reality. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...