Wednesday 22 April 2020

The way things are

As I have aged over time I have noticed changes in me. I imagined how I would react if this outbreak occurred when I was in my 20s. I would have been a very judgemental person and angry about the way it is being handled. I may have been angry at China because some people in China were eating bats that had Covid19 viruses in them and the virus first emerged from there. 

Things are different now, I am less judgemental of other people and I don't feel angry towards China or any other state. No one knew what to do about the virus when it became a pandemic infection, there was no script. I see graphs on the news showing the progress of the disease like it was sports statistics and I see people getting angry at celebrities but I don't care. It has happened now, you can't change what has just happened. I really don't have a strong opinion about anything. Perhaps it is because I see myself aging and see this world as a temporary one. 

Some old conspiracy theories have come to the surface and attached themselves to the viruses, people are connecting the sickness of the virus to 5G transmitters and they think the Chinese are trying to poison all the people of the world. These are all old conspiracy theories but they have resurfaced and attached themselves to the epidemic. 

What can I say. I have my head stuck in a book half the time and don't even think about it much. 


Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...