Sunday 26 April 2020

Fourth VR encounter

I have tried virtual reality 4 times in my life. Once was in the 90s on a virtual reality ride when sega world was in control of the Trocodero in London. The second time was when my friend bought an oculus Vr headset. The third time was when I bought a VR headset holder for my phone and used an app.

 The fourth time was during this spring lockdown with my current phone that supports more VR apps. I spent much more time and went into worlds in first-person mode. I experienced motion sickness from not moving. I didn't know it was possible to get motion sickness from not moving but that is what happened. My eyes were telling my brain that I was walking along a ravine but my nerves were telling my brain that I was sitting down. 

I think a big breakthrough that would overcome this problem would be a rig that allows you to walk without moving anywhere, like a treadmill or frame with ropes that you hang from so you can walk in virtual reality in a more natural way. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...