Wednesday 16 August 2023

Alabama Dock Fight

There was recently a large brawl on a dock in a river in the city of Montgomery in the American state of Alabama. 
The co captain of a large river boat approached a smaller boat that was parked in the wrong docking point and was stopping the bigger boat from docking. The people on the smaller boat were very rude and aggressive, I got the impression they were a bit drunk with alcohol or they have a bully nature about them, like they were expecting to get their own way. After trying to reason with the smaller boat crew, one of them ran out and punched the boat captain in the face. The villain was a white man with flipflops on and the victim was a middle aged black man simply doing his job. 

I put myself in the shoes of the co captain of the large river boat. He had tried to reason with them and explain that the docking point was reserved for the large boat, he was telling them that the large boat can't dock until they move elsewhere. They responded by telling him to f*CK off and punch him in the face. He threw his cap to stay in fighting form and keep his head cool, he also crouched slightly to give himself a better center of gravity and balance. The Co Captain had clarity of thought. The pissed angry small boat crew weren't thinking clearly at all, they docked in the wrong docking point and we're wearing flip flops to a fist fight, they were a bit daft. They should edit the video so daft sound affects play, like "doiinggg", "fluuub" "buuuff" . 

I was pleased when strangers ran out to defend the co captain of the large boat because the whole crew of the smaller boat were rude bullies and they probably got away with their unfair behaviour before. I think one guy even jumped into the river to swim to the rescue. The boat bullies got nailed by random people that didn't put up with their behaviour. 

While this incident went viral around the world, I noticed a small plastic wall garden at my local shopping centre. I took a picture of it because I was impressed. Now I have a clear interest in wall gardens; vertical gardens that grow on a wall. 
The two thoughts are merged together in my head, wall gardens and the Alabama Dock Fight. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...