Friday 15 September 2023

Peckham shop Fight

In Peckham there was an altercation between a Black lady and an Asian shop keeper. The community was angered by the incident. I thought I should step up and repair the reputation of both the people involved. 

The lady was considered a shoplifter and the shop keeper was considered violent against black women. I think both statements are wrong. 

I don't think the Lady was shoplifting, I think she came to the shop to get a refund for some hair extensions that she bought but they refused to give her money back but offered an exchange instead so she had a knee jerk reaction to being ripped off and took an extra hair extension because she felt the quality of the products were too poor. She wasn't trying to conseal anything like an actual shoplifter would. The shop keeper didn't accept her exchange and blocked her from leaving the store. She started fighting him. 
Then he tried to push her away from him and the store exit but his elbow joint was level with her neck so when he pushed forwards, his hands went to the side of her neck. If I was going to deliberately strangle someone I would stand directly behind or Infront of them, not to the side. Unfortunately  the shop keeper was tall and the lady was short. If he was a little bit shorter he would have been pushing her torso or shoulder. 

I'm not infallible but that is the truth from my point of view. The lady is not a shoplifter, she overreacted to being ripped off and the shop keeper doesn't strangle women deliberately as far as I know. They would both be welcome for a cup off coffee if they visited my family. I think they're both nice people. 

Sorry if I offended anyone. 


Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...