Thursday 4 April 2024

New Scottish Law

I saw on the news that the Scottish parliament passed a new hate crime law. I don't think it will make much difference to Scottish society though; most of the offences listed in the new law were already illegal anyway. 

It wasn't brought about by the current prime minister, they published the law about 3 years ago but they left time for the whole nation to come to terms with the changes I think. 

Where would I fit into this? I don't like being called white because my skin is beige like a cashew nut. I am white but I don't like being called white because my personality is more important to me than my ethnicity. If someone walked up to me and said "hello white man", I would wonder why they need to mention that I'm white, then I would think actually, I'm beige, not white. Then I would think my whiteness is irrelevant to my character anyway. You can call me al I. Would say. 

I think age comes under that law, you can mistreat people because of their age and also their gender. 


Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...