Monday 8 April 2024

Solar Eclipse

There was a solar eclipse yesterday above USA and parts of Mexico, I didn't think much of it. The eclipse is just the shadow of the moon moving across the Earth's surface and happens quite often somewhere on Earth. I don't think it is sending a message from God or anything like that. 
When I think of the eclipse I think of Titan, the second Largest moon in the Solar system. It has a thick atmosphere and appears to be twice the size of the moon but it not quite twice the mass though.

It is quite interesting because it isn't the biggest moon in the solar system but it has an atmosphere that is thicker than earth's. It also has liquid methane oceans and coastlines and mountains. I often wonder why Ganymede is much bigger than Titan but it has a thin atmosphere. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...