Tuesday 30 April 2024

Here Comes May

It is may tomorrow; I think the time stamp in this blog is set to an American time zone. Here in Britain we're preparing for general elections. I like my local MP because he works as a cabinet minister but he still makes time to respond to his constituents. I know this because I reached out to contact him before. I thought it would be a good idea to make some of the back roads one way so the lane lost could be used for parking and bike lanes; he passed the information over to the council and followed up and contacted me later to inform me what they thought, then he offered  to meet me in person. To me that merits another term. The political party he is in now is in power but they're unpopular at the moment. If my local MP is replaced, I could try to contact the new MP with the same message and see if he is equally diligent. 
I think all politicians are forced to lie. Every policy they make can be vetoed by the house of lords and opposition; even the reality of funding can cause them to go back on their words but they act like they're certain their plans will succeed. If they didn't, no one would vote for them. Humans judge superficial things like confidence and dress-code. 
I was playing Red Dead redemption throughout April. It's definitely not a game for kids, you witness violent cruelty too often. It's an interesting game, the story unfolds bit by bit. Now I'm left with questions like why did Edgar Ross kill John at the end of the game after he helped him get all the gang members. I'm guessing he knew too much and the people at the top wanted him dead. I like the way you can continue playing the game after you finished the main missions as the son of John Marsden, Jack Marsden and they look alike. You can even complete the less important stranger missions that John Marsden didn't finish. A true open world game. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...