Monday 1 April 2024

I-hab Artemis

It's quite possible in the near future Artemis will become as familiar to households as the Apollo missions were in the '70s. I recently learned that part of the Artemis missions will involve building a moon space station that orbits the moon permanently. As far as I know the first habitation module will be sent by Artemis 4 and it will be called I-hab. Space X will be involved in the construction of the space station as well. 
The question I still have is how will they cope with deep space radiation? The moon is outside of the Earth's powerful magnetic field so it will have no protection from high speed particles shooting out of the sun and other stars. I was reading the NASA blogs and noticed they didn't mention much about it at all. A solar flare from the sun could cause the death of the whole crew in a matter of hours. The current space station is inside earth's powerful magnetic field so it is already shielded from deep space radiation. 

What will they do? I sense it won't end well. I hope I'm wrong. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...