Sunday 31 March 2024

What March 2024 Means to me

March was different this year, there was so much rain that the river where I live had become completely saturated, it was filled to the brim and could barely take anymore water without overflowing. The event that stood out this month was learning that the princes of Wales received treatment for cancer. We never knew she had cancer; I thought it was only the king that had it. Cancer is caused by cancer cells, cells that are faulty and keep dividing and duplicating themselves until they kill the surrounding tissues. Your immune system usually kills cancer cells but on rare occasions, the immune cells can't detect that the cells are faulty. Cancer causes death when it spreads to other parts of the body and causes organ failure. 
A bit later in the month I learned that a giant multimillion tonne cargo ship had lost power and drifted into a major bridge in Baltimore Harbour, a major sea port in the USA. The bridge instantly toppled over. I couldn't help but think of a few paradoxes related to the accident. I wondered what would happen if a hammer that can't be stopped struck and object that can't be moved. Then I thought if there is a big bang that spurted out the universe, there must be a big detonator to set it off. Then I was wondering if there is a big detonator, what made the detonator exist? It probably wouldn't look like a plunger that you push down though. Then I remembered the suiz canal shipping disaster. A giant cargo ship got blown by the wind and wedged itself into the sides of the canal back in march 2021.
It was in march 2021 that the Suiz canal was blocked by a cargo ship. Now the flow of goods over a bridge was cut off by another shipping disaster because the bridge In Baltimore was toppled over in march 2024. The world seems to have an invisible 3 year clockwork to it or I make connections where they don't belong. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...