Sunday 3 December 2023

Christmas Time

Christmas time is a ongoing party to cope with the darkness of winter. That's all it is. Christians celebrate Jesus's birthday on Christmas; Jesus wasn't born in December but you could call it a belated birthday party, why not? 

Atheists celebrate Christmas as a party to manage to gloom of winter. 

The Jews have Hanukkah, that is their own version of a winter festival I think. I think it's a similar time to Christmas as well. 


For me it is just an effort to cheer myself and my family up during the darker times. I drink alcohol twice a year, once at Christmas and once on my birthday, they are evenly spaced out. I have a nice glass of whiskey and try to unwind a bit. I know Jesus wasn't born on Christmas day because the Romans didn't do their sensus in the winter months. 

One day I will be balanced-alan, a man that works hard and makes time for leisure. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...