Monday 18 December 2023

Blackjack Christmas

In a few days it will be the shortest day of the year here the north side of Earth. This means the sun will set at the earliest time. I believe the darkest day is on the 21st of December. When I think of the darkest day I think of the card game blackjack because in the game the goal is to keep your hand of cards close to 21 but not over. Then I think of the story 'a Christmas carol' by Charles Dickens. Then I think about the future. Then I think of Zoltar the fortune telling robot that sits in a glass and wood box. 

I imagined an impossible situation, I would walk up to Zoltar machine and it would ask me if I wanted to hear my fortune telling. I would say "NO!". It would ask me what I want. I would say I want to play Blackjack. Zoltar would then stand up and leave the box and say "ok then", we would go to a cafĂ©. We would play for points. Kermit the frog would take over in the fortune telling booth. Then Jack black would walk past us, I would say "hello Jack black, would you like to play Blackjack with us, for points, no bets". Then later Zoltar would go back to his box, Kermit the frog would be saying to a customer that all the governments would run out of debt ceiling and fall into recession, there would be no food and you will poop out worms because you were eating food that's not fit for human consumption because there is nothing to eat, then Zoltar would say "THAT'S ENOUGH KERMIT!! GET OUT!". 
I was also thinking about Bethlehem, it was a small town in Judea and the name means Bread in Aramaic. Would Jesus pick the place Bethlehem to be born in if it wasn't named after bread. Would Judas kill himself if he never met Jesus, would he do something else that's bad? What did Jesus mean when he said Blasphemy of the holy spirit will never be forgiven? 

It think about death and trains every day. Not at the same time though. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...