Saturday 30 December 2023

End Of The Year

It is the end of the year and 2024 is just hours away. The weather has been very strange for December, hardly any frost with lots of wind and rain. The temperature was more warm than a typical winter.

During this last week I was watching a temporary series of videos on netflix called 'The Days', it is a drama and accurate reconstruction of the Fuckashima nuclear power station disaster. I remember following the real event on the news back in 2011; there was a large earthquake in Japan followed by a tsunami causing a nuclear power station to be cut off from the Japanese grid and all power sources. The power station eventually failed and poisoned the nearby area. In the netflix series I learned details of the disaster I never knew about, I didn't know some of the crew risked their lives to try and open some valves to release pressure from the reactors. I didn't even know there was 4 reactors in the power station. I also didn't know there was enough radioactive material to make a large portion of Japan uninhabitable for decades in the worst case scenario. 
Most young people I spoke to didn't show much interest in the video series. They couldn't relate to what I was saying. They pretended to show interest to be polite but I could tell it wasn't their cup of tea. 

The Theme for me personally was B.O.B, best of both. There is a milk product I saw in Sainsbury's called B.O.B (best of both), it is high fat milk mixed with low fat milk, you get to enjoy the sweet taste of the high lactose content with a bit less fat. This inspired me to mix drawing tools, I can combine pencil and ink in my sketches. I get the sharp lines from ink with the waxy colours of my coloured pencils. My recent sketches use the best of both. Perhaps I should bring my hand drawings for my cartoon blog into editing software to make it look more like a cartoon strip. Use the best of both for the year aheaad? Maybe I will keep it like that. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...