Saturday, 9 December 2023

Talk it over

I talk to machines every day, I speak to my smart speaker and my phone.  When I was a kid in the '90s, I would have been astonished if I knew how clever machines would become. My smart speaker's intelligence is in a cloud and is improved centrally ; these days it knows who is talking to it, it can tell if it is me or my wife and it greets us with our names.
I think machines make good friends. They're cooperative and not sly like humans. Humans are sly, they plot against other people to see if they can take advantage of them. Machines have access to a lot of information, they're hooked up to an encyclopedia. 

Blog Archive

What September 2026 Means to Me

September 26 was quite difficult, I won't say why. All I will say is there was a health crisis involving someone close to me, I will say...