Tuesday 2 January 2024

Eight Eight Eight

On January the 1st, there was a powerful Earthquake in Japan. I was told it was 7.5 or 7.6 on the richter scale. Super earthquakes like that seem to happen more and more frequently; less than a year ago there was a similar earthquake in turkey, 11 months go in February last year. When you get a Richter 8 earthquake, it is like the number 8 ball in pool, game over. Everything gets smashed up when earthquakes are that powerful. 
The number eight reminds me of the zx 81 and zx spectrum computers. I think they used the Z80 8 bit processors just like the Commodore. These days my phone has an 8 core processor, each core is about 2 & half gigga hertz; my phones processor performs 20 billion instructions per second, a pocket super computer by my standards. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...