Saturday 13 January 2024

The Thing about Reading

In the Thames Valley beyond London in Berkshire there is a town called Reading (🗣️ "red-ing").  It has lots of beautiful water ways, lakes and canals and is the place where the river Kennet merges with the River Thames( 🗣️"tems") . Yet it isn't really set up as a tourist area. It has lots of burgundy brick pedestrian broadwalks and burgundy brick buildings. There is a large shopping mall there on the river Kennet. There is also a vast business park filled with software companies but I feel like it's not set up as a tourist place. It is just a place where a lot of software is created mostly. 
Reading is one of those places that are in my reach, I can take a bus or drive there in less than an hour so I'm no stranger to the place, I even know where their local weatherspoon's pub is, the Hope and Tap.  
I have good access to north west London Reading, Oxford and all the towns in between. I don't get reading, it is like the place is trying its best to be dull and dutyfull, to be a place that hides from prestige. I just don't get it. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...