Thursday 12 August 2021

Afghan Civil War

This month the American troops were withdrawing from Afghanistan and soon after the Taliban reclaimed large parts of the country. As I am writing this post there is a huge civil war in Afghanistan. There seems to be a mixed reaction from the civilians, some people feel safer with the Taliban in control, others feel like they are making negative progress or going backwards. 

I get the impression that the last 20 years was a waste of life and resources because everything they were trying to do didn't produce lasting fruits. Afghanistan is returning to the way it was before. Quite a lot of British foreign aid went to Afghanistan, perhaps they should just invest all the money on themselves next time. 

Now I wonder what the neighbouring countries think of the situation. They share a border with Iran and Pakistan I think. I wonder what those two countries think of the Taliban annexation. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...