Thursday 26 August 2021

Wedge Thoughts

Very often I am thinking about a wedge inside an air duct. I was thinking that if air passed through an air duct and passed into a wedge, could there be a very energy efficient way to cause colder air molecules to go on one side of the wedge and warmer ones to go on the other side. If I give the air molecules a small charge and there is a magnet in the surface of one side of the wedge, the air molecules with more energy would be less effected by the magnetic field and pass through that side of the wedge more easily. 
Then I wonder if I can make the lower energy air molecules meet the warmer air molecules further down in the device so a strong vortex is created that can turn a turbine. 

Every time I have such a thought I think to myself that the energy harvested from the two air flows would be less than the energy used to prepare the two air flows. 
I am certain it wouldn't work so then I try to change it again and again inside my head. I try to make machines in my head that take heat from the air and convert it to electricity but I fail every time. 

This is what makes me happy, trying to solve a problem in my head that seems impossible to solve, like a dog chasing his tail. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...