Friday 6 August 2021

Birthday Thoughts

It was my wife's birthday yesterday, I was thinking about birthdays a lot. The Pandemic put a cap on what we could do for our Birthdays this year but hopefully things will be better next year. 

In my view, if you have one family member that is born in April, the April birthday should be a day trip somewhere, like an amousement park or a museum. On the Island of Britain in April it is the middle of Spring and the weather is very unpredictable so you wouldn't want to commit to a long break. One day you could get frost in the morning, the next you could get a heat wave; plus it is usually quite busy in spring. 

If you have another family member that has a birthday in July then I think it would be best for the July birthday to be celebrated as a weekend break because here in the UK it isn't quite holiday season but it is summer. I would love to celebrate my July birthday as a weekend break at the coast or at a resort near an area of outstanding natural beauty like the lake District, it would have to be a homeland break because it is just a weekend. 

My wife's birthday is in August so I think that is the perfect time to go holiday overseas. It is in summer and during the holiday season. 

I would say that it is good to have a 'Day Trip', a 'weekend break' and an overseas holiday that is for 10 days or more. Spend at least one third of a month in a nice resort, in a happy place. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...