Thursday 19 August 2021

Turtle Power

When I was a young kid, I would watch an animated TV show called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It just dawned on me that I am the real Mutant Ninja Turtle. I am slow, stubborn and cool,  "Give me a break". I am a turtle. 

;

I went to one of those discount food supermarkets, I won't name them, they have metal baskets that sell Yoga mats and Bird feeders and things like that. When I got to the checkout, the clerk was scanning the food very quickly and piled the food up into a small mound before I could bag it up. Then she said "That is £40". I said "ok, hold on while I finish bagging up these items". She repeated the price to me again she said that will be £40. I said, "thank you" and I carried on bagging up the items slowly. She then said "You're holding up the queue". I said, "Sorry about that, and carried on slowly bagging up the items". Then an alarm went off because the payment was taking too long and the store manager came out and looked at me. Then when I finally finished packing the items I paid the £40. The store manager and the clerk looked pissed off. I thought to myself 'turtle power' because I stayed cool. They didn't know that I was angry because I didn't want to be rushed and I was still polite and stubborn at the same time. I am the real Mutant Ninja turtle, "alantello". 

When I drive I follow the speed limits, drivers accelerate behind me at 50mph on a 30mph road and suddenly slow down because my car is in their way. Then they flash their lights at me to drive faster and I don't respond, I just carry on driving at the correct speed. They give me special signals with their fingers and I don't care, I just carry on driving as if they weren't there, super cool and slow.  "Cowabunga", what ever that means. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...