Monday, 15 July 2024

So Close

On the 13th of July, I learned that there was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump.  A young man armed with an ar-15 rifle had placed himself on the roof of a building beyond his rally site. 
A bullet was heading for Donald Trump's brain but he tilted his head slightly while he was talking so it hit his right ear lobe instead. It was a very lucky escape. I'm happy that his life was spared. It is a shame that someone standing behind him was killed. 

Two days later England were playing in the finals of the European football tournament and lost by a single goal in the last few minutes of the game. That is unlucky, better luck next time. Spain are now the European champions. So Close.

Blog Archive

What September 2026 Means to Me

September 26 was quite difficult, I won't say why. All I will say is there was a health crisis involving someone close to me, I will say...