Friday 5 July 2024

The Election

Yesterday I voted for my local MP. They quickly counted all the votes and confirmed who is the current MP for high Wycombe.
It was a landslide victory for the labour party. I think the reason why is because the Reform party siphoned off some of the conservative votes. If the Reform party wasn't there, they would have voted conservative because the goals of the conservative party and the reform party are the same. To stop illegal people trafficking on the English channel and bring down some of the taxes to make Britain more competitive globally. 
The newly formed reform party acted like a wrecking ball and smashed some of the conservative votes. They split the center-right votes into two smaller groups. That is my opinion though, it may not be the truth. There were other things that may have brought down the conservatives, I remember the frivolous spending during the pandemic and the rule breaking in the cabinet. I won't name anyone but it happened too often and annoyed many ordinary people. 
I think if the Reform party wasn't there, the votes would have been very close and parliament would be hung. Perhaps we would be left with a coalition government. It's not my role in society to say who is more reliable or better. I just accept that it happened and observe the truth as I see it. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...