Saturday 13 July 2024

Fishless Aquarium Air Vent drama

Sometimes imagination is an effective way to break the cycle of overthinking and stress. I was thinking about a fishless aquarium subway vent for a while during this week. It is a vent shaft in a house that takes stale air out of the house but it would be big enough for a person to comfortably walk through; it is very much like a typical hallway of a house. 
The vent isn't just a vent, there are TV screens nested inside fish tanks that play videos of fish swimming around but there are no real fish in there. 

I imagined being accused of a serious crime and police got a warrant to search my home. They would turn around and ask me why there is a train network hidden behind the walls of my home, I would explain to them that it is actually a fake aquarium that turns into a micro train line. I would tell the police it is just a hobby of mine, I wanted to make a novelty micro subway train network in the spaces between the walls of my home. But I also wanted to make a fake aquarium and tell people it is real when they visit it. They would come back some months later and take a ride on my little train then they would go down to the basement and walk through the same space but all the screens and lights would turn on and it would look like they're in an aquarium. 

I would tell them to come back when I'm in the clear and I would show them how it works. How I would spent lots of time adding things to the project. Making the little stations better and improving the little trains. 

I would sit next to an empty cupboard that is the entrance to the little micro station and look at the reaction on their face when they see it. 

If I had guests, I could take their children down to the basement and show them the entrance to the fake aquarium. I would say welcome to my private aquarium, I have over 50 fish tanks inside. They would walk through it and think they're looking at real sea creatures but they're not. The halls of the aquarium would zig zag around the house all the way to the top floor. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...