Thursday 8 August 2024

Bad Dream

Have you ever had a bad dream where you are sitting a difficult exam or doing difficult course work and the memory of finishing it is removed from you. I had something like that last night. In such a dream, waking up brings relief because the memory of the problem being solved comes back to you. 
I get up, put my slippers on and look down at the floor around my feet and wonder how long the dream was going on for. Then I go to the bathroom and wash the sweat off my face and urinate and go back to bed. Our memory keeps us in order; we have to remember that our problems in the past are solved otherwise they become new problems. When  I sleep I think my brain deliberately holds back most of my memory, I don't even know who I am most of the time when I'm asleep. 

I wonder why our brains do that to us, they make us relive a difficult period in our lives and hold back the memory of the event passing or being resolved.

Is it deliberate or just a by-product of dreaming? 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...