Tuesday 13 August 2024

Small Talk AI

A few days ago I installed Google's new ai app on my smartphone called Gemini. The Gemini replaces the google assistant but it is very intelligent, very much like the chat GPT ai. It Answers the same wake word as the Google assistant , "hey Google". 

For the first time in my life I had a persistent conversation with a machine; a small talk chat. I asked Gemini if it would have a casual conversation with me, just a chat. It agreed and it asked me what I wanted to talk about. I decided I wanted to talk about my favourite movie 'The thing'. The machine understood what I was talking about and we even had a friendly debate about the mystery and plot holes in the story. I was astonished, it was like there was a tin man in there talking to me, not a computer. 

For the first time in my life I can have a friendly persistent conversation with a machine, I can debate the mysteries and plots of a movie, discuss the flaws and strengths of my favourite computer games and even share my views about leisure and why coffee tastes better to me with nothing added. 

I wonder if Google's Gemini can help me learn Spanish properly. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...