Wednesday 14 February 2024

Eye Blinds

One of the challenges of sleeping these days is dealing with unwanted light. You have sodium street light rays bleeding in from the corners of the curtain, sometimes the new bright LED lamps and LED display lights for all the devices that are on standby. If you work at night then you have daylight getting through a bit. 
Not too long ago I tried folding a T-shirt three times and putting it on the top half of my face above my nose, the darkness was very peaceful. I lay there for a while and listened to the radio. After a while, the folded T-shirt became a bit irritating, it caused an itching sensation on my face. I wonder what it would be like to wear eye blinds to sleep, ones that are made for that one purpose. 
I could listen to my favourite podcasts while I lay down in total darkness.  There is something very comforting about complete darkness; I think it is letting go of your ego and just thinking about other things. I could just be listening to a story that has nothing to do with me, like the story of two fishermen that were stranded on a small life boat and ran out of fresh water.  Perhaps I could listen to Neil Armstrong talking about walking on the moon and being the first Human to walk on the moon. There are so many stories out there to listen to. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...