Tuesday 6 February 2024

Turn the Sod

Recently, I learned that king Charles was diagnosed with cancer. To me this is another reason to be grateful, for now my health is ok. Every day I live in this world a roulette wheel spins with a chance of a terminal disease. I don't know when my last day is but I know it will come one day. 

Many of my fellow Brits don't like the monarchy, they feel like they're too privileged and well-off for no reason. If you're an ordinary person in Britain, life can be difficult; we get plenty of problems and lots of anxiety. When many Brits go on holiday, they want to think less because they take their rubbish thoughts with them. To think less they drink lots of  alcohol. I don't, I just turn the Sod. 
I fill my head with other thoughts and sip tea or coffee. I pray to God and talk about what is bugging me then I just turn my thoughts away from the anxious ones. When I'm in the kitchen washing dishes or preparing food, I turn on the radio and listen stories on radio 4, Or I play a pod cast to my Bluetooth headset while I vacuum clean the floor. If I'm ironing clothes, I watch a netflix documentary mystery show. 

A recent thought I had was what would happen if I had unlimited money and created a football team out of thin air. 
If I was loaded like an oil sheik, I could buy contracts for all the best players in the world. The team could be an obscure town in the middle of Britain with no football team. I would build the stadium there and climb up all three divisions. Perhaps they would be called 'Milton Keynes Upsetters', the turf party-poopers. 

Just a surplanting thought. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...