Tuesday 11 June 2024

Being British

Very often, an ordinary man like myself would feel like they're ripped off or someone is trying to rip them off. 
An example would be getting a train ticket. I know that south Ruislip train station is inside the TFL zone (transport for London) even commuter trains have to let oyster paying passengers on the train but they still sell their higher priced tickets in the zone on their apps. 
A FTL trip to Marylebone station from south Ruislip costs £3.50. They won't tell you that. They'll let you buy a ticket through their app at a higher price. 
The same journey and same train is £8.10. 

Another example is the BBC TV licence. I have to pay £13 per month but I only watch about 2 hours of TV per week. I only watch the news on the BBC iPlayer. I feel like I need to use the app more to get value for money. Perhaps I should watch some movies  on there.  They do have movies and stuff like that. 


Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...