Friday 7 June 2024

Perks and Works

Here is the start of summer. I have just learned that there is an experimental vaccine for cancer. Our immune system plays a big role in the disease because it is the immune system that kills cancer cells and the immune system that is tricked by the cancer cells that cause the cancer disease. Many diseases are linked to the immune system, type 1 diabetes is caused by the immune system attacking the pancreas for example. We live in interesting times. Times when big diseases may be cured. 
We have a political summer, Labour and Conservatives are fighting for control of parliament. I don't really care who wins, I trust that the majority of the population will know what is good for them, I could be wrong about my choice but the majority will be right, probably.  It will be interesting. 

I just hang onto my perks, I have the good health to create many things and share it with the whole world. I can draw pictures and write things. Creating things, reading and playing computer games. That's all the perks I need. If I can do those three things, I'm fine. 

Finding things, the 4th perk. When I drove to Eastbourne, I studied the map on my smart phone very carefully and managed to drive for 2 hours from my home to Eastbourne without taking a wrong turn and checking a map during the journey. I was chuffed by that. I got to the hotel and didn't need to ask for help.  I always look for the perfect short break to the coast. One that is nice and peaceful and is a good price. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...