Friday, 11 September 2026

Judas was Good

It dawned on me that there was a lot of good in Judas Iscariot, even though he betrayed Jesus. There is evidence in the scriptures themselves, when Jesus claimed someone would betray him, the other disciples didn't know who it was. If he was a really bad person it would be obvious to the other disciples who it was. The other evidence is he hanged himself, if he was a psychopath or a sociopath he wouldn't care about what he did, he regretted what he did and eventually hung himself. 
I later learnt that he hung himself in a field he owned that no one knew about so he denied himself a burial because he knew no one would come for his body. He remained hanging on a rope until his corpse exploded and sprayed blood on the ground and lost its structural integrity to hang because of decomposition and dropped on the floor. His remains were then consumed by wild animals. The goodness of his heart had convicted him of his bad deeds and he responded to it by punishing himself in an extreme way. 

In my view he was an ordinary guy like myself that became decived by an evil spirit, he thought he was doing the right thing. He thought that Jesus would use his powers to escape from the mob that had come to arrest him and would provoke him to attack the Romans. 

I think every human has a capacity to become like Judas if they lean on their own understanding and think they are a good person. Don't trust your heart or your own values because you could be deceived just like Judas was. 

Blog Archive

What September 2026 Means to Me

September 26 was quite difficult, I won't say why. All I will say is there was a health crisis involving someone close to me, I will say...