Wednesday 17 June 2020

Small Life Hack

If I'm in a grocery shop and I see buns or bread being reduced in price because it expires, I will buy all the bread my freezer can hold, even if there are 10 packets. 

I would see a packet of 8 bread burger buns that was originally sold at £1.20 being sold for 29p and I would buy all the packets being sold. Then I would put all the packets of bread buns in my deep freezer, then before I sleep I would take out one packet and leave it to thaw. Then when I wake up, the bread item is ready to eat. Sometimes it would need 20 seconds in the microwave oven to soften it ready for breakfast. If the item is sliced bread then I won't microwave it, I will just make toast. If it is a bun I would put it in a plate and place the plate on top of my small oven so the heat from the other breakfast item cooking would heat it up and make it soft. 

While the bread is in the freezer, it stops degrading and will stay the same as long as the freezer remains ice cold. Even a year later the bread item is still edible. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...