Monday 22 June 2020

True Summer

It is true summer now. We left behind the damp political Christmas of 2019. We made it through the relentless winter rain at the start of the year and we have passed through the 2020 Covid19 lockdown spring. It is summer now. What could possibly happen now? I have no idea. Perhaps aliens will invade Earth. What will it mean to be a Brit in the near future and what will it be like on the whole Earth? I have no idea. 

I think 5g mobile internet is overkill. When 3g went to 4g, I didn't notice a difference. I never used the internet that much to need it. It is a bit like last March when many people bought a lot of toilet rolls and turned their house into an loo roll bouncy castle because of panic. It is like being back in the 90s when people thought they needed ISDN lines installed in their house to get broadband, then we found out that you could convert the existing telephone line into high speed internet. They called it Digital subscriber line, then there was Advanced DSL (adsl).  Well, domestic internet was born in the 90s and I was a kid in the 90s so I watched it all happen. Sometimes I feel like I am back in the 90s again. Overkill for speed is sometimes wasted. That is all I will say. 


Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...