Tuesday 30 June 2020

The Fizz

I was thinking of so many things, I thinking what would happen if they sent the Queen up to the international space station. She may say "one must float around and do science experiments in zero gravity". She would keep an orderly presentable posture even in zero gravity. 

I was wondering why I felt like I was back in the 90s last spring. I was a kid in the 90s and I realized that it was because I had to queue up to go into a shop so they could space people out inside. When I was at high school everything was about queueing. We had to queue to get lunch and to go to class and even to leave the building. The 90s was the birth place of domestic internet. They called it dial up. They adapted the modem from fax machines to allow computers to send digital pages to other computers around the world through the telephone lines. They even put a speaker on the modem so we could hear what it was doing. It would make lots of peeping sounds and then it would make a fizzing sound as it speeded up. It blew my mind that I could download interactive digital pages from around the world on a desk top computer. I loved to go to internet cafes and use the internet, I think they actually served coffee at the same time back then. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...