Wednesday 1 July 2020

More Fizz

At the time of writing this blog I was still using an old school wrist watch. The time on it is 1985, did I mention my jokes are dry? A Casio f91. It is an LCD digital watch. The numbers that represent the time are lcd pegs that are arranged into the figure of 8. 
The pegs can represent every number from 0 to 9. I often wondered how many pegs you would need to add to get the alphabet, not many but you get a cleaner finish if you just use a matrix of dots. 

When the sun is shining very brightly, it becomes more obvious that the background of the watch face is beige in colour and you can also see a very slight smear of coloured streaks. This is what I call the fizz. I would get that with my tamogotchi from the 90s. Tamogotchis were key chains with dot matrix displays that housed a virtual pet. It was a toy that was very popular in the 90s. 

For me the fizz is seeing beauty in details. A moment in time when everything is calm and I am left focusing on one thing in detail. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...