Saturday 11 July 2020

Old School via phone

It suddenly dawned on me that my phone is a more powerful computer than my first desktop computer at the turn of the millennium in almost every way. It has more memory, the processor is faster, the graphics is higher resolution. The ram is more. The only thing that is less is support for peripherals like usb printers. 

I remember using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse panel on my previous phone. When I connected it to the phone, I found that a cursor actually appeared on my phone screen and the Keyboard worked with the phone. I think I was using android version 8. I used the chromecast button to cast the screen to the TV and it was as if the TV had become a desktop computer. It wasn't quite seamless and the home desktop didn't go into wide screen format but it was amazing to see, at least it was for me. 

Well, I now have android version 10 and I learned recently that "r
Rollercoaster Tycoon" has been remastered for the mobile phone so I will have a look. Thanks to a £30 Chromecast stick and a £15 Blutooth keyboard, I can use my phone on the TV as an oldschool desktop computer and that is amazing to me. Hopefully I can play rollercoaster Tycoon on it the same way I did at the turn of the millennium. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...