Wednesday 29 July 2020

Game preach

I saw a video on social media of a preacher that was preaching about video games. People claim that video games will send people to hell and that they cause children to commit mass shootings. They even claim that the game players make the game into their God. 

The way I see it is when a toddler is playing with their Duplo bricks and building little castles, the Duplo bricks are not the children's God and they are not being inspired to harm anyone. When a preschooler is playing with his Lego bricks and making a house, the lego bricks are not their God and they are not filled with malice. When I build things in computer games then the same must be true. 

If computer games are inspiring children to shoot their classmates then why is it only in America? Children play computer games all over the planet. Malice is being put into American children's minds but it can't be because of computer games, it must be coming from something else. When I play Rollercoaster tycoon, I am not worshipping it, I'm just being a big Kid, playing with a toy. I'm not inspired to harm other people when I am building theme parks or making a blue hedgehog jump over a ravine to avoid spikes. 

I could be wrong but right now, that is what I think. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...