Friday 24 July 2020

Speck people

Recently I learned that one of my favourite computer games, Rollercoaster Tycoon had been re-released on the mobile phone and I remembered that Bluetooth keyboards with scrollpads and joysticks in "point and click" mode causes a mouse pointer to appear on your phone screen as if it were a desktop PC. I think Roller coaster Tycoon is the best thing Atari ever made and they released 3 versions of the game for mobile devices. Well, I downloaded the light version that had been specifically designed for phones and tablets and it responds to the mouse pointer. I use my Bluetooth joystick and set it to "click and point mode" so I don't need to press the screen. (My fingers are  a bit fat so it is easier that way). 

Games that involve building things are very popular, games like mine craft, sim city, roller coaster tycoon, zoo tycoon, ...Tetris (just kidding). Anyway, I was wondering why I liked Roller Coaster tycoon more than sim city. I think it is because of the speck people. I like seeing little tiny speck people trying out my little creations and having fun. I also like micro managing things. Real theme park directors don't have control of everything about the park like the colour of rides and the staff wages and foot paths ect. 

Another good thing is I am able to cast my phone screen to the TV. The game looks a lot better on the TV. The cost of it all this is low. I already had a Bluetooth joystick, I already had a chromecast stick and I already had a phone, the game is free although you can buy expansion packs in the game that enhance the gameplay for about 89p each. I am a big kid that looks forward to the happy days when I can be lost in my hobbies once again. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...