Thursday 16 July 2020

My Birthday

Yesterday was my Birthday and my birthday is in the middle of summer. Ideally I would like to have a BBQ on my birthday and a big party or eat out but a lot has happened since my last birthday. The wildernesses of a few new world continents burned up, there was civil unrest around the world, Great Britain had 3 winter storms and incessant rain through the whole of winter and there was a political earthquake in the UK at Christmas. Then a global pandemic infection followed by a lockdown to slow down the spread of Covid19 that lasted the whole of Spring. 

Anyway, next year I hope to make up for it. If Jesus doesn't return before my next birthday, I would like to have a large vegetarian BBQ and party. I have thought about the music to play. I am a 90's kid so a lot of the music at the party would come from the 90s. 

I would play "Seal & Adamski, Killer" it was released 1989 but they played it in the 90s a lot and in the music video they look like they are trying to invent domestic internet, they even have plasma comming out of their heads perhaps from touching live wires. I would play "Crash test dummies, hmm hmm hmm Hmmm" they crash tested the lyrics and song title if you ask me. "The scat man" would be in there. I think Scat man John is the only man on earth that can sing his own song. 90's kids tried very hard to sing that song. If machines take over the world and understand and sing that song then they can have the keys to the planet. I would plug at least 3 "East 17" tracks, everything that group made sounded cool, I particularly like the duet with Gabriel "if you ever". "Good life by inner city" would be in there, it was from the 80s but it was popular in 90s parties. I would play "Flowers, sweet female attitude", it was released in 2000 but I would add it anyway. I would also add Craig David stuff. Right said Fred would be in there, "I'm too sexy for my shirt" 90s kids tried to sing that song with the deep voice all the way without laughing, it proved impossible. They also tried to make haduken plasma balls with their hands like in street fighter, no human hand can move fast enough to turn the air around their hand into a ball of plasma, it didn't stop us trying though. 

I would also add the 4 non blondes song "hey, what's going on" because I always heard it on the radio. I would also plug many melody techno remixes for 90s computer games like sonic the hedgehog and super Mario brothers. 

What a party... My wifes birthday is in August so perhaps there is still a chance of some celebration in 2020. I hope so. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...