Thursday 21 July 2022

20 Minutes

I was thinking if my heart stopped beating, 20 minutes later everything I know and think would be gone. That is all it takes. Thousands of thoughts would instantly disappear as if they never existed before. Thoughts about nice food, simple delights like standing at the sea front, walking through the gate of an amusement park, sitting outside and breathing the fresh air early in the morning, thought experiments to try out an test. 
I guess that is why I feel like I don't belong in this world. I have a mind set to persist and remain but I am in a body with finite life. It is a mismatch. The two don't go together at all. We are put into bodies that die but our mind wants to persist. 
I think about death every day of my life for a short time because it is unavoidable. Eventually this body will stop living. When I die one day, it won't just be my body that dies, it will be all my thoughts within. 

What will happen after that? Not sure. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...