Friday 15 July 2022

James Webb goes to work

I was reading though the James Webb blog,  https://blogs.nasa.gov/webb/and noticed that the space Telescope has been put to work. All the configuration and preparation is finished. They zoomed into Jupiter to see how clearly the telescope could see distant planets and how much detail they get from different infra red band widths. They also zoomed into distant galaxies and looked at light that was transmitted before the sun and the Earth existed, they saw galaxies that are very young and small. It will be very interesting to see what they discover.

I go on the James Webb web site every day now to see what they have discovered. The website I look at is JWST.nasa.gov. Very interesting. 

It is nice that an ordinary man like myself can look at all these amazing discoveries for free. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...