Thursday 28 July 2022

Tom Hanks Gem

People say that books sold in second hand charity shops are not very good but I disagree. I often go to second hand charity shops to buy books because I usually find a book I like, if I don't like the book, I'm still helping a charity. Some of the books are there because the person has read the book several times and they want new ones on their book self or something to that affect. 

The other day I saw a book in there written by Tom Hanks, I think it is called 'uncommon Type'. I bought it for £1, the original price was £9; When I think of Tom Hanks, I also think of Zoltar the furtune telling vending machine from the movie called 'Big'. I saw a real Zoltar machine once, near Waterloo bridge in an arcade by the river Thames in London; it looked very different from the movie one though, it spoke a lot and it was more animated but it was wearing the same hat. It also gives you a furtune token just like in the movie. 

When I think of Zoltar, I also think of Zapomatic the Robot from the Dark ride called 'The 5th Dimension' at Chessington world of adventures in the 90s. I imagined Zapomatic and Zoltar sitting at a table and having a cup of tea and talking about the news. Zapomatic would be the Logical Bot and Zoltar would be the gifted but irrational one. They would ask for my opinion and I would say I'm just annoyed that one person took a family Booth table for themselves at Wetherspoon's. If you're American, Wetherspoon's is a pub chain, it is a bit like the English version McDonald's, but they serve beer, coffee and English food. I wonder if they will expand into America like McDonald's has in the UK. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...