I was on a toy train the other day and heard the train driver say that it is air conditioned, I am the only person on the train that thought it was funny because the sides of the train are exposed to the air. It would be like me saying a bike is air conditioned.
I am Alan Booth, an ordinary British Man . I'm not one of the famous people that have the same name as me, just an ordinary guy. Welcome to my main blog, a true reliable record of history from the perspective of an ordinary man, a place filled with my thoughts; perhaps my thoughts will persist longer on here than in my brain itself. My twitter I.D. is @alspresso.
Saturday, 9 July 2022
Hidden Joke
In the movie called 'the thing' from 1982, I noticed they hid a joke in the movie. When Mc-ready was playing chess on a computer, the computer had a glitch and declared checkmate when it wasn't checkmate. Mc-ready responded by calling the computer a cheating bitch and pouring a glass of whiskey onto the computer's circuit board. I wondered if the glitch on the chess computer was something common at the time or just something they put in the movie. I felt like they were trying to warn people not to create a society that relies on computers too much because they are not as infallible as you think.
Blog Archive
Health Crisis
We rely on many small parts to stay alive and well, in some cases the structural integrity of a wafer thin membrane can make a difference be...
-
I went to Canary Wharf yesterday to see the winter lights. They call it a warf but it is no longer used as a dock and the whole river penins...
-
I was wondering earlier if the name Geoffrey would be out of use in 50 years from now, if it were, would people wonder why? They would say i...
-
I recently learned that the elected labour party of Britain had prepared a budget; a plan for how public spending will be gathered and divid...