Saturday 9 July 2022

Hidden Joke

In the movie called 'the thing' from 1982, I noticed they hid a joke in the movie. When Mc-ready was playing chess on a computer, the computer had a glitch and declared checkmate when it wasn't checkmate. Mc-ready responded by calling the computer a cheating bitch and pouring a glass of whiskey onto the computer's circuit board. I wondered if the glitch on the chess computer was something common at the time or just something they put in the movie. I felt like they were trying to warn people not to create a society that relies on computers too much because they are not as infallible as you think.

I was on a toy train the other day and heard the train driver say that it is air conditioned, I am the only person on the train that thought it was funny because the sides of the train are exposed to the air. It would be like me saying a bike is air conditioned. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...